THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Wednesday 21 February 2018

Britain's lost glaciers.....




Many thanks to Davey for drawing this to my attention.  Very interesting indeed -- I was fascinated by the reconstructions, and I hope others will be too.  This is a standard teaching technique in geomorphology -- I have always used it, since it's much easier for inexperienced people to "see" past landscapes by using analogies from elsewhere.

The nice thing about these examples is that Peter Roberts has used Photoshop to great effect, by adding glaciers where there are none today.  It seems to me that he has been pretty careful too.  Good work, that man!

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/articles/features/imagining_britain's_lost_glaciers-10207

No comments: